Quality assurance is a vital part of device development process which requires significant effort, time and cost. Device now-a-days are multifunctional with lot of features (audio, video, email etc) and interfaces (BT, WIFI, NFC etc) which makes their software very complex. Under these circumstances, testing process has become more complex and cumbersome which require extensive amount of investment in terms of human resources and infrastructure (hardware, software licenses etc).
Ongoing global downturn in the economy has taken a toll on the companies IT (software) budgets / expenditure and they now look for more effIcient and cost effective measures of quality assurance.
Keeping the market dynamics in mind, SpectraCore has developed Test Studio “a Cloud hosted test software” which provides ‘on demand’ testing services and associated infrastructure, thereby ensuring ROI. Leveraging Test studio features, OEM & ODM’s can quickly and cost-effectively create a real world device testing environment without investing in complex infrastructures, new hardware or expensive software licensing.
Cloud studio based testing is suited for device manufacturers and vendors that need 24X7 testing of devices. It provides organizations an option to set up a virtual test lab without any upfront investment in Lab infrastructure, Automation tools licenses, and skilled resources. It can also be used to supplement an existing large program or testing performed by ODM/OEM
own operational test teams, with additional on-demand access to specialized or niche forms of testing (platform, libraries etc).
Features of TSS
- Distributed test harness with centralized test scheduler
- Fully automated system wide testing (Kernel, middleware, applications)
- Client server based pluggable/modular architecture
- Centralized scheduler with multiple target deployment capability
- Consistent reporting and logging engine with interface for adding custom reporting
- Unified Logging Engine (Logcat, Syslog) for storing test results to centralized storage
- Integrated Code Coverage Analyzer (Linux kernel & software stack)
- Integration with Kernel and Userland debuggers (KGDB, GDB, ADB)
- Form UI, test developers can run thousands of test cases with just one click with a provision to reiteration and scheduling.
- Test multiple devices at the same time connected over any location from the centralized server
- Easy to integrate existing test cases, frameworks and tools to the cloud
- No additional infrastructure required as the whole s/w is cloud hosted. Just connect from a browser and you are ready to test
- Stress / Regression
- Platform – Linux kernel, drivers, BSP
- User interface (UI)
- Application framework / Hardware abstraction layer (HAL)
- CppUnit, Junit, LTP, Android junit unit test framework, IOZone, IPerf, Android CTS